Just a quick note to you all letting you know what is going on at Lakewood Commissary right now. First of all, thank you for being a part of our commissary team. We have a great thing going here and love the mutual respect and comradery between you all. This is exactly what we had in mind when developing this facility. As fellow food truck owners, we wanted to build a small, communal place where we are all working together to achieve the same goals. And that goal is to be successful small business owners and create a sense of community together. As we continue to add more trucks and trailers to our family, please be assured that we have a specific number in mind to reach our financial goals without turning this place into just another massive commissary. We understand that this project is still not 100% completed, and appreciate your patience while we work diligently to have a finished product for you.
Here are a few items that are already in process and slated to be completed in the near future.
• Trash and recycling enclosure. Once this is complete, the area will be accessible from the outside of the gate and include the grease disposal unit as well. Please recycle your empty oil jugs by crushing them together with the lid off, stepping on it will flatten it. The oil recycling will stay inside the gated area.
• Additional 3 sink compartment with sprayer attachment installed against the freezer wall. This will allow another area for dishes to be handled. We realize the dish situation is a tough one, as you all generally come back from service at roughly the same time most nights. Our suggestion would be to utilize all sinks when possible, have some sense of urgency when utilizing the machine as others are waiting. Take advantage of the drying racks for your items so others are not waiting around while you hand dry your items.
• Installation of the coin-op washer and dryer in the second restroom.
• Additional double stack convection ovens purchased and installed
• Re-surfacing of the parking lot will most likely not happen until summer 2021. However, preparations are being made to fill in the existing trenches and holes to ensure a smooth parking lot, and one that is mostly mud free. Additionally, lines will be painted to dictate where each truck/trailer is supposed to be parking so everyone fits in together.
• Completion of the grey water dump area and clean water fill spigot installed outside. The dump area will have a basin where you can release your grey water into easily.
Some other quick reminders:
• Remember to keep your health department log books up to date. This is your responsibility to keep them accurate so that the health department knows that you are being compliant with their rules.
• Help keep costs down by turning off equipment and lights when not in use.
• Please, please clean up after yourselves at all times. This is a courtesy to your fellow commissary friends and to us. We will handle the deep cleaning of equipment when necessary, but it is up to you to wipe or scrub any areas and equipment that you have used. Please sweep up any debris on the floors around your tables when needed and lets all work together to keep the trash cans emptied.